February 22, 2012

Elephant Quilt

Sweet Elephant Baby Quilt / eco friendly custom hand crafted blanket 

As a reminder, this is the quilt Erin requested, she's really into elephants, right now.  I told her I'd make her an elephant quilt, and she requested blues, and any size.  I decided that I didn't like two things about the original quilt.  The ear was just too much boring space, and I didn't like the technique used for piecing (each raw edged piece was fused to a backing.)

I needed to come up with a plan.  First Bob and I stopped a Lowes to get a roll of kraft paper to draw an elephant outline on.  Then I tackled the ear.  Now, I'm working on the patches for the body, using Elizabeth of Oh Fransson! fame's Mod Mosaic piecing.  This is what I have, so far.  



Tons more to do, but at least I have a plan.
May your bobbins always be full,

4 comments

  1. I think I am going to love it! Looks great so far. (Love that you chose to go to Lowe's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day. That looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing it finished. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start and love your design. I see you teach Qigong. Just getting into that and loving it. So serene yet vitalizing. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP