February 5, 2014

Delectable Mountain Quilt progress

Despite my best intentions, I got ZERO sewing time, yesterday.  Today, I was able to start sewing after lunch.  I took some photos of the process.  I've decided to make two sets at a time.


Lay the half square triangles right sides together- lights and darks are opposite each other


Cut them into 4– 2" strips- make sure you are cutting the correct direction!


Rearrange the order of the 4 strips so they will make a delectable mountain


Stitch the 4 strips together, then stitch both sections together.  I've decided not to stitch the two sections together, for every set of two.  That will give me more versatility, for the design I want.


Here are a couple of potential layouts.  This block is very versatile.  Now, I better get back to stitching; I have about eleventy million sets to cut and stitch.


If you want to make your own Delectable Mountain blocks, the link is here.
May your bobbins always be full,

9 comments

  1. So pretty. Looks complicated at first but then after your pics it looks achievable to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty, you picked perfect fabric, the contrast really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever! thanks so much for illustrating that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una idea estupenda. La pondré en práctica. Gracias!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made this quilt out of Batiks as a wedding gift for my Grandson this October. Beware of all the seams and don't forget that accuracy counts on the seams on the matching up of these blocks. I enlarged this quilt to make a nice size quilt with borders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are unraveling the mystique of quilting for me. I have quilted small tote bags before but never have taken on a full size quilting project. I might try that now! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment. Give quilting a try, it's so rewarding.

      Delete
  7. Sei veramente stupenda ne scegliere i colori nella spiegazione grazie ti suguro tanta felicità ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP