February 3, 2014

Delectable Mountain Quilt


After my pillow-cover making project, I had 23 Fat Eigths of Lush Uptown left.  I decided to make a Delectable Mountain Quilt, so I started cutting.  From each F8 I cut two 8.5 inch squares, that took up most of each fabric piece.  Then I cut the same number of squares of Kona White.  I recently had to re-do a quilt back, and couldn't reuse the Kona White for that, so I used that fabric for these squares.  "Waste not, want not", is a good policy.

The next step was making the HSTs.  I set aside some of the squares for a later project and got busy.  I used the traditional HST method.  Today, I spent my time trueing up the HSTs to 8 inch squares.  When I first started quilting I tended to skip this step.  Older and wiser, maybe, I usually always true up, now a days.

These steps have taken up four days, of "quilting time", and tomorrow I'll be on to the next steps - (Lay the half square triangles right sides together- lights and darks are opposite each other.  Cut them into 4– 2" strips- make sure you are cutting the correct direction!  Re-arrange the order of the 4 strips so they will make a delectable mountain and stitch them together.)  I think this step could take a couple of days.  This is the block tutorial I'm using, if you're interested.

I soon hope to show you a Delectable Mountain Block, or two.
May your bobbins always be full,

3 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the link for the quilt block! Can't wait to see your block when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool block! And the name is fun, excited to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your finished blocks. On a side note, I'm having a hard time reading the text on your blog today. Has your font color gotten lighter or are my eyes getting bad? It seems very faded today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP