April 9, 2014

I'm flexible


Physically, mentally and quiltally, new word, I'm flexible!  If you've been reading along you know that my orphan flag blocks were going to be more potholders.  When I put the borders around them, I mitered the corners with potholders in mind.  After trueing them up to 8.5 inches, I thought, hmmm, these would make a really cute baby quilt.

I pulled some fabric from yee ol' stash and decided on 186 Large Stars by Makower UK.  I'm really happy with this little, 34" x 44" quilt top.


For the back, I stayed with the red, white and blue theme and used these prints, also from the stash, from A Breath of Avignon by American Jane Patterns, Sandy Klop for Moda.


This will most likely be my last post until June.  On Easter, Bob and I are leaving for a 6 week trip, there will be no stitching involved.  We're celebrating our 50th anniversary with a cruise and some time in NYC.  I hope to fit in a visit to City Quilter, on of my favorite quilt stores, and maybe a visit to the American Folk Art Museum.  I try to do different things each time I visit.



May your bobbins always be full,

6 comments

  1. Congratulations! Enjoy your special anniversary and have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you have a fabulous holiday! I look forward to hearing about your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signing off until June sounds like a long time, you'll be missed but I know you're going to have a great time. I'll be looking forward to lots of pictures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, happy 50th! That's wonderful. Enjoy your time away from the blog. Secondly, I am so glad to see you changed your mind about turning these flags into potholders. This is a much better use of those nice orphan blocks. Now, instead of orphans, you've made them a family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, you need to find a 4th of July baby to give that quilt too! Happy 50th! Have a wonderful trip, read some good books and come back refreshed quiltally. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt, Jan! Hope you have a wonderful trip and congratulations on 50 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP