March 13, 2021

The Froggy-Girl Quilt Top



When I was working on the two Best Friends QAL quilt tops, one of my favorite people reminded me that she LOVES frogs!  She is my cousin's granddaughter.  She's 40 years old and legally blind.  She has limited vision; she started losing her vision at 3 years old.  She's a trained chef and loves photography.  She works as a nanny.

When I cut out the frogs from the Tula Pink fabric, I didn't have enough, so I threw in some owls!  The quilt top measures 48 inches square.

 

May your bobbins always be full,

2 comments

  1. I found you. I started making your quilt "grape crush". I saved the magazine from 2016. I was looking for an easy pattern with large pieces. I am terrible, not really that bad, but not perfect at cutting. I ordered an 8" square to make it easier. I'm cutting "flower child" by Maureen Cracknell from art gallery quilts. I love your choice of colors, which is why I saved the magazine, but my colors are 2 shades of teal, fushia, bright pink and floral blenders with some creams. I love prints, like Tula Pink. I am not absolutely perfect at matching seams either. I pin it correctly, but sometimes am a little off. How do you do yours so perfectly. I am 72 and just retired as a psychologist. I'm glad I found you. I was beginning to worry that you were no longer here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m 76, so we’re in the same age range. My best advise is to go slow, keep perfecting the 1/4” seam. If you match your seams and the two layers are different lengths, use lots of pins to “ease” the fabric. I do this by putting a pin in the middle, then a pin in the middle of each side, etc., until it looks good. I also use a short stitch length. I hope I answered your question. If you want to stay in touch, I’m on FB as Jan Davis Prytz.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP